Monday, April 13, 2015

In Sunpeaks for the winter!!

Location: Sun Peaks, BC, Canada
I haven't post anything in long time!! it’s now time for a small update !!
last summer and falls, I was living in Banff doing a lot of hiking in the area.
In December I left Banff to move a bit more west, in a ski resort called Sunpeaks its next to a town called Kamloop in BC, about 4 or 5 hour away from Vancouver.


I spent the whole winter here, I really liked the place. Even if it have been the worst winter they have ever seen, it was still quite good for me. i had a really good time there.


during the whole winter I was working as Ski instructor. I really loved it. even if once in a while there is that one kids in a group that make the day a nightmare. most of the time it have been really fun!!
The only bad point on the job is that pay that is ridiculously low, I was paid minimum wage (10.25$/h) and when you realize that when I get for example 2h private lesson, the clients pay 220$,  on this i got just about 20$,  which is totally ridiculous to make 90% of the job for not even 10% on the money.

the good part on the job was that about half of my lessons were freestyle lessons, which was even much more fun, I really loved that. i made a small video for some of my freestyle groups that I had every week during the whole winter.


This was a group of kids from sun peaks, they are only 6 years old all in the same class.


In these group there was kids from 8 to 11 years old, from all around Kamloops and Sunpeaks


so I really had an awesome winter here, with about 115 days of skiing so far. Here is a small video of me during this winter I almost never film anything, I just got few shot to make this small edit.


but now the winter here is over, it’s time to move on. I decided to come back in Banff for a while and i will decide what to do from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment