Thursday, May 2, 2013

In chiang rai up north of thailand !!

Location: Chiang Rai, Thailand
For my first stop in north of Thailand I decided to stop in chiang rai, from what I heard it was a good place to go around and see some local minorities that include the “famous” long neck women. But Before going there I look for more detail about it, and finally decided to only visit the hill trib museum in town.
In fact the Karen Long neck are absolutely not from Thailand, they are only in Burma, but some big tourist investor, “imported” them to make some fake villages for tourist. It’s really like a “human zoo” these people have really hard time and they are exploited by these tourist company, that’s why I decided not to go there and just go to the museum which is run by a NGO that use the fees from the museum to really help these people.
It wasn't allowed to take picture in the museum so I don’t have picture about that.
Here is a picture from internet to understand what i'm talking about !

I also went to see one more temple, a very modern one, build in 1998, the whit temple, it is a bit different from the thousands of temple I have seen so far and really beautiful !!


No comments:

Post a Comment