Saturday, May 4, 2013

In the rose of the north, Chiang Mai

Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Chiang Mai is one of the biggest and the most touristic place in north Thailand, everyone said many good things about it, so I was really looking forward to see it by myself!!
But when I arrived here I was more disappointed, the city itself is very nice, but except for that I didn’t find any reel interest. There is a loooot of temples, but after more than 3 month in south East Asia, I’m really sick of temples, and There is no special temple that worth the visit. The most popular attraction around Chiang Mai is going to “concentration camp” for elephant. And I prefer not support this activity as the elephants in south east Asia are already endanger species, all elephants are in similar camp everywhere, and also many place treat the elephant very poorly, and it is hard to find company that really respect the elephants. Therefore I skip that. And one other popular activity is to visit some “human zoo” (Karen Long neck villages) as I have explain in the previous post, I clearly don’t want to support that either!!

So I end up spending only one day in town, visiting the main temple and enjoying the calm and nice street in the old city!!

It was very nice but from everything I heard about Chiang Mai I had more expectation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment