Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Location: Auckland Airport, Auckland, New Zealand
So … this is it, my travel across New Zealand finish here. And I’m sad to leave this country, I really love New Zealand, and I had a very good time here!! I hope I will come back!!

It’s a very small country, but there is sooo many different things to see, and with only a very small distance you can see many amazing scenery and always very different from one place to another!! This is awesome for travelling.
There aren't many people, only about 4.5 Million people and half of it live in Auckland, so not much people in the rest of the country, especially in south island. But the kiwis (New Zealand habitants) are very nice and relax.
There is not a lot of history in new Zealand, it’s one of the last major landmass settled by humans, the European really start going to new Zealand from about 1800.
But as it’s a very remote island, there is many native animals and vegetation that you can find only in new Zealand like Keas and Kiwis. I find very interesting all the history about the evolution of the fauna and flora in new Zealand and how human had such a big impact on it by bringing soooooo many new species in new Zealand without thinking too much about the consequences and now have many trouble trying to get rid of some species that have a extremely bad impact on all native species of new Zealand. Like the Kiwis, their population decrease by 90% over the last 20 year I think.

I spend almost a year in New Zealand, and visit almost everywhere. Did a lot of hiking, I think new Zealand is really an awesome country for hiking!!
I went to bluff after the winter, the far south !!

And I walk about everywhere in new Zealand slowly making my way up


 To finally reach cap Reinga the far north few days ago :

I have seen so many amazing place and meet so many amazing people. I'm sad to leave, but I'm leaving the country with some extremely good memories and I’m sure I’ll come back !!


No comments:

Post a Comment