Friday, November 30, 2012

Around mount cook

Location: Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park, New Zealand
There we go, Thursday after a big hangover goodbye to my awesome flatmates, I left home, with a very weird feeling, just walking away from home with just my backpack and absolutely no reel plan, without even knowing where I’ll be sleeping. It is a very weird feeling but also an extremely big and indescribable feeling of freedom, I have by far never felt that much free in my whole life!! It is very exciting and a bit scary!!

I was planning to go to mount cook directly and I managed to get there without much trouble, 6 different car later I was in mount cook, the last person that took me was an American girl very nice, as mount cook village is really small we stayed at the same hostel, and the next morning we see each other before going visiting around and decide to go visiting everything together!

 First we went to see the Tasman glacier that was really cool



Then we went hiking close to the hooker valley (I don’t know why it’s called like that) and get an amazing view over the entire valley



 After a full day hiking all around, she was going to Queenstown and she offered me to drop me in Wanaka so I directly went to Wanaka, to be ready to continue my trip toward the west coast the next day…



No comments:

Post a Comment