Friday, October 2, 2015

In the beautiful town of Flores in Guatemala!

Location: Flores, Guatemala
I arrived here a bit randomly as it was the only destination i could go from the border, so I didn’t know what to expect, and when I arrived I found out what was special about it.

it is a tiny island in a middle of a big lake, with just a bridge to get in and out of the town.the town is really nice with tiny old streets, but I couldn’t take a picture that show correctly what it looks like so I stole the picture above from internet.

It is the base town to visit the most visited site in Guatemala, the ruins of Tikal. it was once the capital of the mayan civilization, there was no tree at the time, but now it is in the middle of a big rain forest all the buildings were covered by grass and tree and now they are restoring everything one stone at a time. The amount of work needed to restore everything would be incredible.
visiting the whole site was really great, and I got super lucky that there wasn’t many people, most of the time I was just by myself. there is a lot of building that are not restored at all or just partly restored which give a good idea of how the found the site.

There is also some pretty big pyramid that rise above the trees which gives an awesome view
aside from all the ruins, as it is in the middle of the jungle there is an incredible wild life, I have seen many animals and amazing birds.  I really love visiting Tikal, it got everything and it’s not crowded.


No comments:

Post a Comment