Thursday, October 1, 2015

Passing the border to Guatemala… already ??

Location: Lacanjá, Chis., Mexico
When I was in "la selva Lacandona" I was very close to Guatemala, and after thinking a lot about it, I decided to cross the border here and skip the Yucatan peninsula and Belize.  I’m in mexico since quite a long time already and have already seen many amazing things there, and I think the Yucatan peninsula will be much more touristy so I decided to skip that part to have more time in other country like Guatemala, Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua. So here I am crossing the border here in direction of Flores in Guatemala!!

since I said I want to visit mexico, I had so many people telling me I should not, that it is very dangerous, but being there I didn’t have that feeling at all. in fact most of the time I felt much safer than in France or in the US for example!!.

The difference in the country between north and south is huge!!, all the north is very modern and feel really rich but the more south I went the more it change, and went I arrived in chiapas I felt like I was in a different country, the south is definitely very poor compared to the north. both are very interesting to visit and globally it give mexico more interest and more things to see!! it would be easy to spend a full year visiting the country and still haven't seen everything.  so I had to choose few part to visit in the 6 weeks I spent there and now it’s time to move on to other countries :)

1 comment:

  1. tout le monde semble me dir que guatemala, salvador et honduras sont vraiment dangereux, mais au guatemala encore une fois comme pour le mexique je me suis jamais vraiment senti en danger, par contre je pense qu'il y a beaucoup d'endroit au guatemala ou (d'apres presque tout le monde y compris plusieurs local) tu as vraiment beaucoup de risque de vols a main armée. mais en parlant avec un local il me disait que tout ça c'était vraiment super exageré et il comprennais pas pourquoi tout le monde entretient la peur d'aller dans certain lieu.

    ReplyDelete