Tuesday, December 11, 2012

In Arthur’s pass, on my way back on west coast

Location: Arthur's Pass, New Zealand
Now that I have seen what left of Christchurch I’m going back on west coast and decided to stay one night in Arthur's pass that is about halfway between both coast. The scenery around there is really nice!!

But before getting there I had a small stop in castle hill, a small area on the way with lots of big rock that stand there naturally, and make beautiful scenery!!
It’s also a very famous place for climbing, unfortunately I still have a finger broken and don’t have any equipment with me so I couldn’t do a lot of climbing around.


So after spending some time wondering around and climbing some small and easy rocks I take my hitch hiking panel again to get to Arthur’s pass

I end up staying in a very small a nice “backpackers” only one 8bed room and a big living room/kitchen, but no one stay there to managed everything, just a phone in the entrance to talk to the guy that run it and a safe box called “honesty box” to put the money, the guy on the phone just give you the code for the doors and all basic information, and you just have to put the money on the box. The place is also an internet café that work with the same honesty box, you can go and use the computer as you want, you just have to put the money in the box to pay for it.
After a night in there, I went for a day walk up to avalanche peak, supposed to be 6 to 8h walk, but I reach the summit after only 2h and it took me just 1.5h to get down. The walk up there was really nice with some walk on snow to reach the top and an amazing view over all the area.





I spend some times playing with some kea’s that was wondering around.

After that walk I finally decided to stay one more night in the Sanctuary as I really liked the place and it was really cheap and continue up to the west coast the next morning!!



No comments:

Post a Comment