Sunday, December 23, 2012

Walking again, 4 days in Abel Tasman

Location: Abel Tasman National Park, New Zealand
After 2 days relaxing, waiting for a good weather and preparing my stuff to go on the track, I finally start the track, it’s supposed to rain for the last two days, and my tent is not good for rain, but I go anyway.
I start walking around 9:30 AM for my first days walking that was the longest, with 6h walking, and that was really amazing, nice scenery, with some nice cliff and perfect beach.


I arrived to my first camp site just for the low tide in the evening as the camp site was accessible only at low tide.


The next day was really nice, still perfect weather and only 4 hours walking from perfect beaches to perfect beaches and` also going through nice inland tracks
Arrive in a big campsite just next to a nice beach, and meet few nice people, so we spend the evening next to the fire playing many card games, there were some German, Spanish kiwis and me, so we play games specific to each countries that was really nice!!

 The third day it supposed to rain all day, but the weather was actually very good, mostly sunny with just some cloudy periods, so continue walking again about 4 hours very nice but it kind of repeating itself, walking along awesome beaches, then a bit inland to go to the next beach, then crossing a bay that accessible only at low tide… always a bit like that, but always awesome !!! Spend the night again next to the beach.


The last day, was supposed to be still raining, but again still mostly sunny, didn't see any rain so that was really cool.
First I went to Cleopatra pool that wasn't too far it just down the river some nice pool with very cold water. Then I start walking toward the end, stopping on few beach to swim a bit, cool down and relax. 


And funny story, when I was arriving close to the end of the tracks I was thinking about the way to reach the next town. At at this time I heard in French ”what are you doing here you ???”  That was Elodie, a friend that I met in Auckland and that was living in Wanaka, she was visiting around with her parents, that was really cool to catch up randomly like that and gives me a ride to Motueka a small town close by!!

It will be Christmas in few days, so I spend the night there and head to Nelson that is a bit bigger city!!


2 comments:

  1. Pourquoi y'a des animaux MORTS ??!!!!
    Green Peace aura ta peau !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Le pingoin est mort je pense que il s'est just echoué la... Mais le seals( je sais plus commen ou dit en francais) est vivant, just tres paresseux a dormir sur la plage :p

      Delete