Tuesday, February 12, 2013

In Cameron Highland

Location: Cameron Highland, Pahang, Malaysia
After Taman Negara I wanted to go to Penang on north east, but From Taman Negara I could only go to Cameron Highland, and from there take another bus to Penang, however I have been told that by the time I’ll be in Cameron Highland there will be no bus to Penang, and also that it is very nice to visit Cameron Highland. So I decided to get there and stay a full day to visit before continuing to Penang. Because it is Chinese New Year now and Malaysia as a huuuuge Chinese community, so it is a very major event here, by far the biggest of the year, and so it is veeery hard to find accommodation at this time, I got lucky to be able to book one before getting there, but I have seen many people looking for hostel around.

Anyway when I get there I realised the there was still bus in the evening to Penang, but as I have booked my backpacker I stick to my plan to visit here. Also every nice thing to see is a bit far and there is no public transport around, so it is almost impossible to visit without a tour or hiring a taxi. As I’m alone the taxi would have been way too expensive. So even if I didn’t want to I took a small tour to see major things, mostly tea plantation in the area.
And that was quite bad idea, as the tours was quite crappy, the guide wasn’t friendly, and in the morning instead of going directly to the view point as it was planned, he decided to stop to all other things before, while the weather was clear, and get to the view point at the end when it was in the could… so not too much things to see, impossible to see more that 5M away from the view point, so I just see a nice tea plantation and a mini insectarium….


So basically I should have gone directly to Penang, it would have been much better, but anyway I have time so it’s no big deal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment