Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Penang

Location: George Town, Penang, Malaysia
Many people told me that Penang is great, with many things, beach, rain forest, history….

I was a bit disappointed when I get there because even if it have a bit of everything, it is not exceptional, there is many historical building, but not as good as Melaka that I have seen before, the rain forest is very small and not really interesting specially after the trek I did in Taman Negara just before, and the beach isn't really nice, not clear water,  heaps of jelly fish and it’s more a tourist trap for water attraction like banana boat, para-sailing, jetski….

It was still nice to be here but I didn't want to stay too long, especially with Chinese new year it is hard to find hostel and everything is So crowded!!
Also I was expecting to find many festivities for Chinese New Year, however I couldn't find any special activity, concert ceremony or any special event so I was a bit disappointed, I got all the bad part of this huge event here without any good part ….

No comments:

Post a Comment