Sunday, March 17, 2013

In a little paradise!!

Location: South East Asia
After visiting Phnom Penh I get down a bit, to the coast. I went in small town with not much to do except party and relax, but the place where I was staying was really awesome and very cheap so I stayed 3 days there. after I decided to go on some island close by. After talking with people, I heard about a rumor that there was an island very very quiet with a perfect beach and almost no one there…. No no I’m not talking about the movie “the beach”. But actually, it is very similar!!
So I took a boat to get there, and when I arrived I saw this very long beach with almost nothing there, just few bungalow.  I stayed in a dormitory which was really awesome, facing the sea, so I fall asleep and wake up  looking directly at the sea. There is about nothing to do there, but the place is sooo beautiful and relaxing that it’s really good to stay, go swimming and being lazy. I stayed 3 days which was really nice.


You can walk on the other side of the island to find another very nice beach, also totally empty and from there you can see a really nice sunset.

The first night was really quiet, the water was totally flat, but there were a big storm on the horizon which make a perfect and relax atmosphere, seeing the light of heaps lightnings on the horizon. It was perfect.
Also I went to swim with the glowing plankton, basically it’s the plankton that when it is disturbed it glow, the water was really full of that, so swimming was really awesome but I couldn't take pic of it with my camera. If you have seen the movie “the beach” it is about the same.
A bit later in the evening the storm reaches the island. It get from extremely quiet to heaps of wind in about 10 sec. And 5 min later it start raining like hell, and as you can see the dormitory is quiet open, so it was also very windy and chaotic with all the mosquito nets that moved a lot, and even a little bit of rain reaching me, but nothing really annoying, I find it really cool and refreshing, I loved it.

And I don’t know why, but in the morning I wake up at about 6 o’clock and when I opened my eyes, I just seen an awesome sunrise, directly from my bed !! Again, awesome!!

The other days I did about the same, exploring, swimming, relaxing.

It is one of the best place I have seen in Asia, and it is still well preserved, I prefer not saying too much detail about where it is to give more chance to the place to stay like that!! even if I heard that even a year ago nothing was there, so I guess in one year it will have twice as much as bungalow and in few years it will be full of guest house, diving companies, restaurants, shops and roads.
I heard that it is one of the only islands that haven’t been sold to big tourist company. I heard also that another island in the area was about the same few years ago, and now most of the tree have been cut down, and they build a huge resort and even an airport !!! Let’s hope this won’t happen to this place!!

I have done few comparisons with the movie the beach in this post; and even if it wasn't filmed here, that is really similar. It’s a perfect paradise, not much people know about it, and only few people are there. A perfect beach with perfect white sand, and crystal clean water…
I have seen the bay were the actually movie has been filmed (Maya bay next to Koh PhiPhi in Thailand), and here is much bigger but not as impressive as it’s not surrounded by cliffs like Maya bay. The beach is about the same, except that there is about 1000 time less people, and almost no garbage on the beach.

I wish I can go back there, but I guess that by the time I'll come back in the area, it won’t be the same :(

1 comment:

  1. Lucky man. It's really a peace place. Sea are close and quiet.

    ( OOO i hear captain's english )

    ReplyDelete