Friday, March 22, 2013

One last stop in Cambodia!!

Location: Banlung, Ratanakiri, Cambodia
To finish with Cambodia I decided to go in a much less touristic place, and more remote area. I went to Ratanakiri province, on the north east close to the border with laos and Vietnam. After 11h bus from Phnom Penh, I arrived in banlung, around there this is many nice water falls, and lakes in old crater, also as it is not touristic and little town it’s good to really see the country from more local point of view.

Also around there, there is a very big jungle and it is possible to do some big trek, going very very deep in the jungle, and meet some native family that live only in the jungle. However you need to be at least few people to do it otherwise it is really too expensive. And as it is really not touristic, I din’t find other groups to go trekking, I’m really sad that I couldn’t do it because it look really amazing, it would probably have been the best part of my trip from what I heard about it :(.  Anyway I hope to find some similar place in Vietnam or laos to do that !!

During the time I stayed in Banlung looking for other tourist I also went to see few waterfalls and a lake. I rented a motorbike to drive around all these places, and that was really good experience most of the road are just dirt/sand road, I drive across very small villages. It was really cool day.


But after a bit more that 2 days not finding anyone for trekking I decided to continue my trip and go to Vietnam!!

1 comment: