Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Down the river toward the next town

Location: Muang Ngoy, Laos
My goal was to get to Luang Prabang in a middle of laos, and I decided to start my journey toward there by boat, so I went on a slow boat, about 5 hours down the river to the next town, Muang Ngoy. The boat ride was amazing, the scenery around is so good, and going next to small village with just few houses or just one family that live at some place all along the river. It is amazing to see how they organize their life around the river for everything!! The boat stopped at some place to pike up some people on these places. And I realized that like the bus, the boat are NEVER full, at some point we were about 23 people, 7 dogs, 3 chicken, heaps of bags of rice or vegetables, and one tv !!!!


When I arrived in Muang Ngoy I really loved that place, it is very small, no road just few guest houses and restaurant, and few families that live here, I stayed in a bungalow with an awesome view over the river.

I was thinking about staying only one night and continuing toward Luang Prabang, but When I saw the village I decided to stay more.
I spend a full day hiking around, visiting an awesome cave, walking through farms and going to a very small and remote village\ that live only from farming and hunting, and that was such an awesome experience I really loved it!!




Then It was time to continue my trip, leaving the village by boat, to reach the next town that is connected by road, to catch a bus to finally get to Luang Prabang !!

No comments:

Post a Comment