Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Trekking in the jungle !!

Location: Luang Namtha, Laos
In Luamg Namtha, I went for 3 days trekking in the jungle, I have been a bit disappointed because the guy at the adjency lied to my about everything, and so it wasn’t really what I wanted to do, instead of a primary forest inside a national park I end up in a very young and light forest not so far from the road, following a track, I could have done it without any guid easily…
anyway, even If that wasn't what I wanted, I still enjoyed few part, I just had to not think about how much better it was supposed to be!!
The first day, we walk up the hill to reach a nice view point then continue to the  “camp site” to spend the night there. To cook the diner we only used bamboo, as a pot to cook the rice and the soup, and also to build spoon, glass, and chop stick. That was really interesting!!


The next day we walk only a couple of hours to reach a small village to spend the night there (as we did the same trek as their 2 days trekking option we couldn’t walk too much everydays).
The village was really nice, it was really nice playing with the kid and see how the live there !!


And the last day, we walk down back to the main road going through some farms and rubber plantation.

I had a good time overall, but I’m really sad that because of their lies I couldn't see what I was looking for when I came here.

3 comments:

  1. Even if it wasn't exactly what you were expecting, you seems to enjoy the trip...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the trek itself was ok, very very cheap quality, but that's not problem, I had a good time. but what piss me off is that I came all the way up there (and was a loooong way) skip an awesome place down south, to see the national park, the primary forest and the people living in the primary forest. that is supposed to be something incredible and one of the most interesting things for me in south east asia. and because of them I missed all that. plus the fact that I could have done that trek for almost free all by myself easily and find similar scenery anywhere in the world. that make a big disappointment for me!!

      Delete
  2. hey te bole...linda and john here northland n.z.....I am so sorry to say that this the first time I have actually looked at your history travels since we saw u last(bloody slack aye..ihave only read and saw your lovely pictures ..especially the ones with the child on your shoulders and the kids with the ballons also is sooooo cool you are a special man....I will carry on to follow you...you are so inspiring....keep up that great journey luv to u xoxo

    ReplyDelete