Wednesday, April 3, 2013

In big caves, deep underground!!

Location: Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, Vietnam
Not many people heard about it, but Phong Nha national park is really amazing and definitely a must see in Vietnam !!!  it’s a big national park with some huge caves, that recently open its doors to tourists.
I have visited only one of the cave (paradise cave), apparently the best one, but all the other are also incredible!!

When I first arrived in the area I went to popular tourist place, it’s a small business in the middles of farms with some accommodation, a small restaurant, a nice relax area with a swimming pool and all the information you need about the area, with some very friendly staff. But unfortunately this place was all booked, so I just stayed few hours to relax a bit and gather information, then I went to look for a place to sleep in “town” the town is very very small just few guest house and few “cafe”, But very nice !

The next day I rent a motorbike for the day and went to paradise cave. The road to get there is already amazing, going across farms with rice, corns, cows, and water buffalo everywhere, and once inside the national park no more farm but still amazing scenery.

The visit of paradise cave was really amazing, it is really huge, it is possible to go like that about 1km deep in the cave, there is also one tour that allow you to go about 7Km deep, only with flash light, guides and good equipment, but As they want to preserve the site, they keep a prices extremely high, and limit the number of people that can do that at 10 every day. Apparently it is really incredible, but I couldn’t do it. Anyway, the part accessible by everyone is already breath taking, so I had an amazing time visiting this cave.



You can zoom much more that usual in this panorama !!



You can zoom much more that usual in this panorama !!


Also just outside this cave you can find the entrance of another cave without any installation, so I went there with my flash light and explore on my own. After fighting a bit with some bats, I get quite deep and it was impossible to go deeper, so I went back.

On my way back I stop for a short walk in the national park, along the river and it was also really nice !!!

This cave is by far the best things I have seen in Vietnam so far!!

No comments:

Post a Comment